Create a new task within your Asana organization.
Unless otherwise indicated, field type is text.
Required fields are indicated by a red asterisk.
- Organization (dropdown): organizations in your Asana workspace
- Project ID: identifier of the project to which you will add a task
- Project Section ID: identifier of the project section that contains your project
- Task Name: name of the task
- Description: description of the task
- Parent Task ID: identifier of the parent task to which the current task belongs
- Due On: due date (but not time) for the task in YYYY-MM-DD format.
Note: this field will only output data when a due date is assigned to the task. Depending on whether the Due On or the Due At field contains a value, you may have to use the
Assign Iffunction to send the date value to another app.
- Due At: due date and time for the task in ISO 8601.
Note: this field will only output data when a task was assigned with a due date and a specified time. This means that you may have to use the
Assign Iffunction to send the due date to another app depending on whether the Due On or the Due At field has data.
Note: Use only one of the Due On and Due At fields, not both.
- Assignee: name of the user to whom the new task is assigned
- Tags: tags assigned to the new task
- Followers: users added to the new task with the role of follower
- Task ID: identifier for the new task
- Project Section ID: identifier for the project section that contains the task