Update a user profile in Service Now. Use this card to search for a user in ServiceNow and return the system ID of that user. You can use that user’s system ID in other cards to assign them issues, read their information, or perform other tasks.
Unless otherwise indicated, field type is text.
NOTE: The input fields on this card are dynamically generated based on your ServiceNow instance. The input fields will include these default fields provided by ServiceNow (First name, Last name, Email, etc.) as well as any custom fields you’ve added to your user table.
NOTE: Each search field is considered cumulative, meaning that if you enter an email and a first name, the result will be the user who matches both that email and that first name.
- Result set (dropdown):
- First matching user: first user that meets the search criteria
- All matching users: all users that meet the search criteria
- Active (true / false): status of the new user account
- Avatar: user’s profile image
- Building: user’s assigned building
- Business phone: user’s business phone number
- Calendar integration (Outlook / None): indicates whether user’s account is integrated with Microsoft Outlook
- City: user’s city of employment
- Class: user’s class
- Company: user’s employer
- Cost center: user’s assigned cost center
- Country code: country designation for the user’s work location
- Created: date and time when the user profile was created
- Created by: the name of the admin who created the user profile
- Date format: user’s preferred format for dates
- Default perspective: specific increment of time used for a user’s timeline; options are
- Department: user’s department
- Domain: user’s domain
- Domain Path: user’s domain path
- Email: user’s primary email address
- Employee number: user’s unique employee number
- Enable Multifactor Authentication (True/False):
- Failed login attempts: number of failed login attempts that the user is allowed
- First Name: user’s first name
- Gender: user’s gender
- Home phone: user’s home phone
- Internal Integration User (Email / None): option to designate a user as an internal integration user. See Mark service accounts as internal integration users.
- Language: user’s preferred language
- Last login: date of user’s last login attempt
- Last login time: time of user’s last login attempt
- Last Name: user’s last name
- LDAP server: user’s LDAP server
- Location: user’s location. This field is populated when the Geolocation tracked option is enabled.
- Locked out: if set to true, the user is locked out of your ServiceNow instance, and all of the user’s active sessions are terminated. By default, all users with an admin role cannot lock themselves out.
- Manager: user’s manager
- Middle Name: user’s middle name
- Mobile phone: user’s mobile phone number
- Name: user’s full name
- Notification (Email / None): type of notification that is sent to the user. Default is Email. A user can still receive notifications if they are subscribed to the notification or are specified as a recipient in the Email Notification form.
- Password: user’s password. The password can be permanent or temporary.
- Password needs reset: option to require a user to change the password during first login
- Photo: indicates whether a photo image file is attached to the user profile
- Prefix: user’s prefix
- Roles: user’s assigned role(s)
- Schedule: user’s schedule
- Source: LDAP source for the user’s information
- State / Province: state or province for the user’s place of employment
- Street: user’s street address
- Sys ID: user’s unique record identifier. The input value must be exactly 32 characters in length.
- Time format: user’s preferred time format
- Time zone: user’s time zone
- Title: user’s title or job description
- Updated: date of update to user’s information
- Updated by: the person who performed the update
- Updates: summary of the update
- User ID: unique identifier for user’s account
- VIP: VIP status; values are
- Web service access only: users with this option selected are designated as non-interactive
- Zip / Postal code: zip or postal code for the user’s place of employment
Select output fields to display. The list of available input and output fields are identical.
You do not have to display an output field for a corresponding input field that you’ve updated.